Avatar The Way of Water is a sequel of the avatar launched in 2009 film.
Avatar: The Way of Water is the first of four planned sequels to the 2009 film Avatar, set to be released on December 16, 2022. The film has been under development since 2010, and completed preproduction in 2017, with much of the motion capture and principal photography completed by early 2020. With filming having concluded in September 2020, the film is now in postproduction.
|Writers||James Cameron(screenplay by)|
Josh Friedman(screenplay by)
- Sam Worthington as Jake Sully
- Zoe Saldana as Neytiri
- CCH Pounder as Mo’at
- Cliff Curtis as Tonowari, leader of the Metkayina clan
- Jamie Flatters as Neteyam, the first-born son of Jake and Neytiri
- Britain Dalton as Lo’ak, the second-born son of Jake and Neytiri
- A younger version of the character is portrayed by Chloe Coleman.
- Trinity Bliss as Tuktirey, the eight-year-old daughter of Jake and Neytiri and their youngest child, mostly goes by the nickname “Tuk”
- Bailey Bass as Tsireya, a free diver of the Metkayina clan, also goes by the nickname “Reya”. She is described as “graceful and strong” and “the young Neytiri of the ocean”
- Filip Geljo as Aonung, a free-diver/hunter of the Metkayina clan and Tonowari’s son
- Duane Evans Jr. as Rotxo, a free-diver/hunter of the Metkayina clan
- Kate Winslet as Ronal of the Metkayina clan
- Keston John as Va’ru
- Joel David Moore as Norm Spellman
- Giovanni Ribisi as Parker Selfridge
- Dileep Rao as Max Patel
- Jack Champion as Javier Socorro, a human born in Hell’s Gate and adopted by the Sully family, who prefers spending time in the Pandoran rainforest. He also goes by the nickname “Spider”
- Edie Falco as General Ardmore, the “Commander in charge of the RDA’s interests on Pandora”.
- Brendan Cowell as Mick Scoresby, captain of a large-scale marine hunting vessel on Pandora.
- Michelle Yeoh as Dr. Karina Mogue, a scientist
- Jemaine Clement as Dr. Ian Garvin, a marine biologist, described by James Cameron as one of his favorite characters
- Stephen Lang as Miles Quaritch; despite the character’s death in the first film, the teaser trailer for Avatar: The Way of Water hints at Lang’s reprise of his role as Quaritch. The footage shows an avatar, bearing Quaritch’s likeness and the same eagle tattoo on his upper left arm.
- Matt Gerald as Lyle Wainfleet; the teaser trailer shows another avatar behind the avatar of Quaritch that bears some resemblance to Wainfleet, who was crushed in his AMP suit in the first film.
James Cameron had previously stated that the film will likely not be entitled “Avatar 2“, since Jake is no longer an avatar at the end of the first movie, but rather a Na’vi. No final title had yet been announced officially, but an April 2016 press release featured a new “Avatar” logo (found in the infobox at the top). Additionally, a November 2018 BBC article claimed that the title would be Avatar: The Way of Water. Cameron later explained in a February 2019 ET interview that the title was one of many under consideration and no final decision about titles had been made yet.
On April 25th, 2022, the Polish branch of Disney announced that the Polish name would be “Istota Wody”, translating to “The Essence of Water” in English. Avatar The Way of Water was later confirmed to be the final, English title during Walt Disney’s CinemaCon 2022 presentation.
We weren’t wasting time, we were putting it into tech development and design. So when all the scripts were approved, everything was designed. Every character, every creature, every setting.
– James Cameron, 2017
This movie will be released in 3 more parts by 2025 so it will be more interesting for the sequel and watch the James Cameron movie avatar on the big screen. Its an theatre experiencing movie so watch it in bigger screen as you could